COMMUNITY YARD SALE: SATURDAY, MAY 2, 2015
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Mark your calendar now for this annual event which benefits our youth group ministries. It’s a fun day with food, music, a possible mystery guest and plenty of bargains waiting to be scooped up by savvy shoppers. It’s a great way to reach out to our neighbors and introduce them to Holy Spirit. This is a big event and it takes all of us to make it a success.
Here are several ways for you to get involved and help out.
* Reserve a space, set up your own table and sell all those items that have been cluttering up the garage or the clothing the kids have outgrown.
* Don’t have enough items for your own table but want to get rid of some things. Donate them to the church’s table. We will be accepting donations on the last three Saturdays of April from 9:00AM until 12:00PM, and Sundays after church. Children’s clothing and toys, household items, sports equipment and small appliances in good working order are all good sellers. Please do not bring plush toys, adult clothing or exercise equipment, none of which have sold well in the past.
* Sign up to help in setting up, cleaning up, manning the church’s table, traffic control, the kids fair or several other jobs that need to be done to have a successful day.
* Tell your friends, neighbors and co-workers about the yard sale and invite them to come.
* Pray for warm temperatures and blue skies on sale day.
* Join the Yard Sale committee. It involves 2 meetings, a little bit of legwork, and a long but rewarding sale day.
If you have any questions about the yard sale see Bob Slade or call him at 898-8968.