We are headed to Knoebels on September 13th. Please sign up in the Narthex if you are planning to attend. Pack your own lunch or eat the yummy food at the park. Ride all day wrist bands are available on this date, prices have not been posted at this time.
Community Yard Sale
Saturday May, 3, 2014 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Mark your calendar now for this annual event which benefits our youth group’s mission trip to New Jersey. This is a big event and it takes all of us to make it a success. It’s a fun day with food, music, a kid’s fair and plenty of bargains waiting to be scooped up by savvy shoppers. It’s a great way to reach out to our neighbors and introduce them to Holy Spirit. Here’s several ways for you to get involved and help out.
1. Reserve a space and sell at your own table all those items that have been cluttering up the garage or the clothing the kids have outgrown!
2. Don’t have enough items for your own space but want to get rid of some things? Donate them to church’s table. We will be accepting donations on the last three Saturdays of April from 9:00AM until 12:00PM, and Sundays after church. Children’s clothing and toys, household items, sports equipment and small appliances in good working order are all good sellers. Please do not bring plush toys, adult clothing or exercise equipment, none of which have sold well in the past.
3. Sign up to help set up, clean up, man the church’s table, direct traffic control, oversee the kids fair or participate in several other jobs that need to be done to have a successful day.
4. Tell your friends, neighbors and co-workers about the yard sale and invite them to come.
5. Pray for warm temperatures and blue skies on sale day.
If you have any questions about the yard sale please contact the church office: 717-394-6771
Midweek services of Holy Communion during lent are held Wednesdays at noon and 7:00 p.m. The Sermon Series this year is “The Questions of Jesus”.
Worship in Lent
Lent is an important season for us to focus on our devotional and worship life as individuals and as a parish family. Please participate as often as possible with the worship opportunities during this season.
Sundays: The Holy Communion, 9:30 a.m.
The Wednesdays of Lent
The Holy Communion
Noon (spoken liturgy) and 7 p.m.
The sermon series at Wednesday worship will focus on
“The Questions of Jesus”
We certainly have asked questions of Jesus in our prayers and devotional times. But what about those time when Jesus asks a question of us? Pastor Eshbach will focus his preaching during the Wednesdays of Lent on five of those questions. They are:
March 12: “Why Were You Searching for Me?” – Luke 2:41-51
March 19: “Who do You Say That I Am?” – Matthew 16:13-20
March 26: “Why is My Language Not Clear to You?” – John 8:39-47
April 2: “What Do You Want Me to Do For You?” – Mark 10:35-40
April 9: “Does This Offend You” – John 6:52-63