A prerecorded message will be available on the Holy Spirit website and Facebook page. Join us in worship at your convenience.
Join us on November 28th after the church service for our annual Intergenerational Advent Fellowship. We will be completing Advent Logs for the season. If you have your log from the previous year, you are welcome to bring it along. If you need a log, they will be available for everyone.
Dear brothers and sisters and siblings in the Spirit,
You are a paraclete congregation. Not a parakeet congregation, a paraclete congregation. Paraclete is the word John’s Gospel uses to name the Holy Spirit, and it means “the One who comes beside us when we are vulnerable.”
Here’s what I’ve experienced during my brief time with you:
· The council is effective–both discerning what is wise and working to practice what is Christ-like.
· The liturgy is done well–you gather as Christ’s people, listening to Christ’s Word, receiving Christ’s body and blood, and then being sent as Christ into the world.
· The congregation values generosity–sending school kits and health care kits around the world through Lutheran World Relief.
· The people see generous giving as our response to God’s abundance.
· You give because you desire to be a sign of Divine Abundance in the world.
· You treasure and support Camp Kirchenwald, Camp Nawakwa, and the Wittel Farm.
· You pray for and support the Konde Diocese and the Uyole congregation in Tanzania.
· You are Spirit-filled people who are willing to walk beside the vulnerable, knowing that there is never a quick fix, but we can be signs of God’s endless love.
· You love one another well, especially when someone is in crisis.
· You see that the Gospel matters to a hurting world, and you are willing to become intentional in sharing the Gospel without strings attached.
Your name is Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, and you are indeed a paraclete congregation.
Let’s use this time of transition well, to keep focusing upon…
Keeping the Main Thing, the Main Thing.
Loved people+, love people,
MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH!
ALIVE! has been POSTPONED to Spring. ALL current 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students will be invited to a Spring ALIVE! event at Nawakwa. Date soon to be determined.
A second ALIVE! event at Nawakwa for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students next fall will occur in September 2022. Information will be provided as soon as details are solidified.
Contact Debi Dandridge for details: Debi Dandridge, Alive! Coordinator, (717) 201-6323, firstname.lastname@example.org
“Beloved, Be Loved, Be Love”
SENIOR HIGH YOUTH!
Time to register for WINTERFEST!
Talk to Debi Dandridge:
What: Lower Susquehanna Synod (LSS) Senior High Youth Event
Who: 9th through 12th grade youth and adult advisors
Where: Wyndham Hotel (Lancaster, PA)
When: January 7-9, 2022
Theme: “Beloved, Be Loved, Be Love”
How Much?: TBD/person ($50 non-refundable deposit due at registration, the remainder paid by the youth ministry account)
Scholarship money is available – please talk to Pastor Tim.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: October 15, 2021 (please register as soon as you are able to assure space at the event.)
QUESTIONS: Debi Dandridge, Winterfest Coordinator, (717) 201-6323, email@example.com
SENIOR HIGH YOUTH!
Plan NOW to attend the 2022 Gathering, a tri-annual nationwide ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) Event.
Where: Minneapolis, MN
When: July 24-28, 2022.
Who: All current 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students
New Requirement: ALL attendees MUST be vaccinated OR show a negative Covid-19 test 72 hours before the event begins.
Registration DEADLINE: November 1, 2021
See Debi Dandridge for details
Debi Dandridge, Holy Spirit 2022 Gathering Coordinator
516 Brandywine Road
Lancaster, PA 17603